Monday, January 23, 2012

Germany, wine and time.

Hello all. I made a quick run over the pond to Germany this past weekend with my husband. While there We did some shopping and...should I say...drinking. I actually drank a bit first, then shopped. Then drank more. Then stumbled back to the hotel. And by stumbled, I mean stumbled. German wine will kick your ass. My foot surgery in December did contribute to the poor pedestrian manners but the wine was the real deal. Anyhoo, I was lacking inspiration for creating new jewels before going to GE, now I am not. I went into a couple antique jewelry stores in Frankfort on Saturday and was beside myself. Seriously, it was almost like a religious experience(or what I believe would be a religious experience for an Atheist), I lost my breath on several occasions, afraid to look at the price tags. I did look on one occasion, and for that, sadness rained down on my newly colored hair. It is no wonder the Euro is in the shitter. I came home with a Steiff bear instead. I plan to return to the ancestrial homeland this summer, hopefully taking my sister Diencha, and shopping and drinking, and she won't tell me "No". I'll post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you didnt quit your blog....I see the date is quite old, 2012,,,its now 2020 and I so love your blog...I retired 7 years ago and now I have time to browse on the internet..and I discovered you..I also revitalize old jewelry, but I do it for a thrift store that uses the money for a food pantry and is also a Christian outreach to help people with electric bills,rent,firewood..etc..I volunteer 2 days a week and when I started we had bags of jewelry just sitting in the back room..we are doing quite well but I am always looking for new ideas ..see even tho your pieces are over 8 years old...they are refreshing...hope you dont give up you passion...

    ReplyDelete